by Juliet Mascarenhas
Box Making is a rewarding hobby for all ages. You can make boxes of different shapes and sizes using various kinds of plain or decorative paper. Depending on what size you make your box, it can hold a piece of jewelry or chocolates, even a scarf or a necktie. Use your imagination to dress up your box with ribbons and flowers before you present it to someone special.
The following templates make three-dimensional boxes whose sides fold over and interlock. The finished box is about 2.5 x 2.5 inches. However, you can alter the template to suit your needs!
Tips & Tricks
- Use a photocopier to enlarge or reduce the template size.
- Use a heavy ruler to press the folds into crisp lines.
Cartridge, card paper or any stiff paper in different colours. You can also use paper from old calendars, greeting cards, etc.
Method / Instructions
- Print the template & trace onto card paper on the wrong side.
- Fold towards the centre & firmly along the dashed lines.
- Glue tabs in place to secure the box. Allow the box to dry.
- Decorate the box with trimmings such as ribbons, pictures flowers and little thank-you notes.
Square Box Design
...versatile! can hold items of different shapes and sizes.
Pyramid Box Design
... excellent for chocolates, trinkets and party favours.
Hexagonal Box Design
... fancy box is perfect for Mother's & Father's Day Gifts.
Heart Box Design
... for someone you love! Punch 2 holes to pass a ribbon through!
E-mail this page to a friend
'Box Making' copyright © 2004 Juliet Mascarenhas. All rights reserved.